The International Lay Ministries Board of Directors honors exemplary Church of God laymen through a biennial induction ceremony to the Hall of Christian Excellence. Established in 1986, the Hall now has 370 inductees who are dedicated and gifted laypersons from around the world. Their names are prominently displayed in the Church Ministries Center in the Church of God International Offices complex. Mr. Harold Woods, Board Chairman, says, This is the highest honor we can bestow upon the great laymen of the Church of God and it is a fitting way to perpetuate their memory. Some of the outstanding men who have passed away have been inducted posthumously.
Each layman elected is presented with a beautiful individual plaque and his name is engraved on a gold-embossed plate which is then added on an attractive wall-sized plaque with all of the other recipients. Also, each person who receives this award is featured in the General Assembly News.
If you are a Pastor or other leader in the Church of God and know of a layman who is eligible for this award, you can download the following documents for more information and an application form:
Please also note the following in submitting nominations:
- Any layman is eligible (state lay board members, men’s ministry officers, etc.; also, men previously nominated but not inducted can be resubmitted).
- Up to three names can be submitted from each state (duplicate form or ask for more). A recommendation letter from the Church of God state or region is also necessary for consideration for nomination.
- Qualifications should be listed on the Recommendation Form.
- If possible, the recipient should attend the International Laity and Pastors Luncheon on August 8, during the 2008 General Assembly.
- Laymen can be inducted posthumously (if there is a qualified layman who has gone on to Glory, he can still be considered for induction).
All applications must be received by February 27, 2008.
Note: women are also eligible for induction into the Hall of Christian excellence. For information on nomination of women, visit the Church of God Women’s Ministries site.