What can you tell me about how Christian books for men are purchased and read?
First, a background: A lot of people think that Christian men don’t read. I think what people might mean is that, "Men don’t go to Christian bookstores to buy books."
In any event, sales of Christian books for men are a fraction of sales for women’s books. This is a genuine problem because no movement can flourish without a strong literature.
Soon we will design and conduct a market research project (e.g., survey and focus groups) to understand how Christian books for men are purchased and read. We will ask questions to uncover, for example:
- Why are Christian books for men purchased?
- Where are Christian books for men purchased?
- How are Christian books for men purchased?
- When are Christian books for men purchased?
- By whom are Christian books for men purchased?
- What are the reading habits of Christian men?
- Who is not currently purchasing Christian books for men that would if properly approached?
- Why did the Christian books for men that did sell, sell; versus the books that didn’t sell?
- What else?
I believe that in time, with God’s help, we can figure this out. We need thriving Christian men’s literature that motivates and rewards authors, publishers, and booksellers.
For the glory of Christ and no other reason,
Pat Morley, Ph.D.
Man in the Mirror
We have a wide variety of excellent books for Christian men. Click here and see what we have to offer.
I certainly agree. Christian books for men really are important in keeping the faith as the center of ones life. I can attest to this personally as I really keep God centered by feeding my soul works by Keion Henderson, https://www.keionhenderson.com/books/ and other Christian writers! I hope more people will get to understand the importance of reading such!